Phone: no data
Email: no data
Academic Areas: Environmental Engineering
Research Interests: biomass energy, waste to energy, waste minimization and recycling, environmental biotechnology and bioremediation.
He obtained a bachelor's and a master's degree in ornamental plants and horticulture from Huazhong Agricultural University in 1993 and 2001, respectively. In 2004, he obtained a doctorate degree in Environmental Science from Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He worked in School of Life Science and Technology of Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2004-2006 as a post doctor, majoring in environmental biology. In 2011-2012, he was a visiting scholar at Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College, USA.
1.Mahmood Laghari, Zhiquan Hu*, Muhammad Saffar Mirjat, Bo Xiao, Ahmed Ali Tagar, Mian Hu, Fast pyrolysis biochar from sawdust improves quality of desert soils and enhances plant growth, Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2016, 96：199-206
2.Zhiquan Hu, Zhihua Chen, Genbao Li, Xiaojuan Chen, Mian Hu, Mahmood Laghari, Xun Wang, Dabin Guo, Characteristics and kinetic studies of Hydrilla verticillata pyrolysis via thermogravimetric analysis, Bioresource Technology, 2015,194:364-372
3.Mahmood Laghari, Muhammad Saffar Mirjat, Zhiquan Hu*, Saima Fazal, Bo Xiao, Mian Hu, Zhihua Chen, Dabin Guo, Effects of biochar application rate on sandy desert soil properties and sorghum growth, Catena, 2015, 135:313-320
4.Mian Hu, Dabin Guo, Caifeng Ma, Zhiquan Hu*, Beiping Zhang, Bo Xiao, Siyi Luo, Jingbo Wang, Hydrogen-rich gas production by the gasification of wet MSW (municipal solid waste) coupled with carbon dioxide capture, Energy, 2015, 90:857-863
5.Zhihua Chen, Mian Hu, Xiaolei Zhu, Dabin Guo, Shiming Liu, Zhiquan Hu*, Bo Xiao, Jingbo Wang, Mahmood Laghari, Characteristics and kinetic study on pyrolysis of five lignocellulosic biomass via thermogravimetric analysis, Bioresource Technology, 2015, 192: 441-450
6.Xiaolei Zhu, Zhihua Chen, Bo Xiao, Zhiquan Hu*, Co-pyrolysis behaviors and kinetics of sewage sludge and pine sawdust blends under non-isothermal conditions, J Therm Anal Calorim, 2015, 119(3): 2269-2279
7.Mian Hu, Zhihua Chen, Dabin Guo, Cuixia Liu, Bo Xiao, Zhiquan Hu*, Shiming Liu, Thermogravimetric study on pyrolysis kinetics of Chlorella pyrenoidosa and bloom-forming cyanobacteria, Bioresource Technology, 2015, 177:41-50
8.Cuixia Liu, Zhiquan Hu*, Jiaolan Zuo, Mian Hu, Bo Xiao, Removal of Zn(II) from simulated wastewater using an algal biofilm. Water Science & Technology, 2014, 70(8): 1383-1390
9.Zhiquan Hu, Linzhi Zhang, Zhanying Liu, Bo Xiao, Shiming Liu, Experimental study on bio-oil production from pyrolysis of biomass micron fuel (BMF) in a free-fall reactor, Fuel, 2013, 106: 552-557
10.HaipingWang, Zhiquan Hu*, Bo Xiao, Qunbeng Cheng, Fanghua Li. Ammonium nitrogen removal in batch cultures treating digested piggery wastewater with microalgae Oedogonium sp., Water Science & Technology. 2013, 68(2): 269-75
11.Zhiquan Hu, Yang Zheng, Feng Yan, Bo Xiao, Shiming Liu, Bio-oil production through pyrolysis of blue-green algae blooms (BGAB): Product distribution and bio-oil characterization, Energy, 2013, 52:119-125
12. Qiguo Yi, Fangjie Qi, Bo Xiao, Zhiquan Hu*, Shiming Liu, Co-Firing Ramie Residue with Supplementary Coal in a Cyclone Furnace, BioResources, 2013, 8(1): 844-854
13. Zhiquan Hu, Zhanying Liu, Bo Xiao, Gong Cheng, Chang Liu, Feng Yan, Shiming Liu, Design of engineering technology mode of distributed biomass cooling, heating and power (CHP) supply system: the case of Heping Community, Zibo，Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 2012, 21(5A): 1315-1322
14. Chang Liu, Bo Xiao, Zhiquan Hu*, Qianxi Yang, Yang Zheng, Optimization of energy consumption for sludge sonication-based on suitable sludge disintegration degree and easily degradable substances for sludge digestion，5th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (iCBBE), 2011.5.10-2011.5.12
15. Feng Yan, Leguan Zhang, Zhiquan Hu*, Gong Cheng, Chengcheng Jiang, Yanli Zhang, Tao Xu, Piwen He, Siyi Luo, Bo Xiao, Hydrogen-rich gas production by steam gasification of char derived from cyanobacterial blooms (CDCB) in a fixed-bed reactor: Influence of particle size and residence time on gas yield and syngas composition，International Journal of Hydrogen Energy，2010, 35(19): 10212-10217
16. Feng Yan, Siyi Luo,Zhiquan Hu*, Bo Xiao, Gong Cheng, Hydrogen-rich gas production by steam gasification of char from biomass fast pyrolysis in a fixed-bed reactor: Influence of temperature and steam on hydrogen yield and syngas composition, Bioresource Technology, 2010, 101(14): 5633-5637
17. Chang Liu, Bo Xiao, Alain Dauta, Guifen Peng, Shiming Liu, Zhiquan Hu*, Effect of low power ultrasonic radiation on anaerobic biodegradability of sewage sludge, Bioresource Technology, 2009, 100: 6217-6222.
18. Maoyun He, Bo Xiao, Shiming Liu, Xianjun Guo, Siyi Luo, Zhuanli Xu, Yu Feng, Zhiquan Hu*, Hydrogen-rich gas from catalytic steam gasification of municipal solid waste (MSW): Influence of steam to MSW ratios and weight hourly space velocity on gas production and composition, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2009, 34: 2174-2183.
He has participated or taken charge 20 research projects including National High-tech R&D Program of China (863 Program), National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Agricultural Scientific and Technological Achievements Transformation Fund, National water pollution control and management technology major projects, Chinese Postdoctoral Science Foundation, Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province, The Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, State Education Ministry, etc. He has been a reviewer of several prestigious journals in both environmental and energy areas, including Bioresource Technology, Fuel, Energy, Water Research, Water Science & Technology, Energy Conversion and Management, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, Environmental Toxicology, Current Microbiology, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, and Ecotoxicology. So far, he has published more than sixty scientific papers.