Academic Areas: Environmental Microbiology, Water Pollution Control Engineering
Research Interests: Mechanisms of Bacterial Strains Degrading Aromatic Pollutants, Flagellum Motor, Bio-treatment Processes or Equipment for Polluted Water Disposal
Visiting Scholar in Environmental Engineering, 2010, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Post-doctor in Environmental Engineering, 2007, Peking University
PhD in Environmental Microbiology, 2005, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
MS in Aquiculture Engineering, 2001, Huazhong Agricultural University
BS in Freshwater Fisheries, 1998, Huazhong Agricultural University
Associate Professor (2008-present), Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Department of Environmental Engineering
1. Jianxiong Kang, Bo Li, Jing Song, Daosheng Li, Jing Yang, Wei Zhan, Dongqi Liu*. Defluoridation of water using calcined magnesia/pullulan composite. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2011, 166(2), 765-771.
2. Jianxiong Kang, Lu Lu, Wei Zhan, Bo Li, Daosheng Li, Yong-zheng Ren, Dong-qi Liu*. Photocatalytic pretreatment of oily wastewater from the restaurant by a vacuum ultraviolet/TiO2 system. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2011, 186(1), 849-854.
3. Jianxiong Kang, Xijuan Chen, Wenran Chen, Mengsen Li, Yuan Fang, Daosheng Li, Yongzheng Ren, Dongqi Liu*. Enhanced production of pullulan in Aureobasidium pullulans by a new process of genome shuffling. Process Biochemistry, 2011, 46(3), 792-795.
4. Kang Jianxiong, Zhan Wei, Li Daosheng, Wang Xiaocong, Song Jing, Liu Dongqi*. Integrated catalytic wet air oxidation and biological treatment of wastewater from Vitamin B6 production. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 2011, 36(9–11):455-458.
5. Zhen Da; Lv Mei; Chen Maobin; Luo Junjie; Liu Dongqi*. Effects of a mutated yeast plus addition of sucrose and nitrogen on the total higher alcohol levels of a plum wine fermentation, Journal of the Institute of Brewing, 2014, 120(4), 571-574.
0700284 Biochemistry (undergraduate)
0813862 Principle of Environmental Engineering (undergraduate)
0805662 the Introduction of Environmental Protection Equipment Engineering (undergraduate)
0805932 Water Treatment Biology (undergraduate)
261.601 Biochemistry (graduate)
261.516 Environmental Biotechnology (graduate)
1. Quinate Degrading pathway from Silicibacter pomeroyi DSS-3. Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province, 2009-2010
2. Mechanisms of CheX1 and CheX2 involved in chemotaxis of Silicibacter pomeroyi DSS-3. Natural Science Foundation of China, 2011-2013