Academic Areas: Water/wastewater Sci & Tech
Research Interests: Water quality control theory & technology；Functional polymers in resource recovery of wastewater ；Optimization/ Design of water/wastewater engineering
PhD: School of Environmental Sci & Eng, 2008, Huazhong Univ Sci & Tech (HUST), Wuhan, China;
MS: School of Environmental Sci & Eng, 2002, Huazhong Univ Sci & Tech (HUST), Wuhan, China;
BS: School of Environmental Scie & Eng, 1997, Huazhong Univ Sci & Tech (HUST), Wuhan, China.
Associate Professor (2010-present): School of Environmental Sci & Eng, HUST.
Visiting scholar (2011-2012): Nebraska-Lincoln University, USA.
Lecturer (2003-2010): School of Environmental Sci & Eng, HUST.
 Zhang Y., Zhao T.S., Zhang Z.Z., Wan J., Feng X.N., Liang X.M., Zhou A.J., * Modeling and Dynamic Assessment on Sustainable Development of Drainage Enterprise: Application of a Coupled System Dynamics- Comprehensive Assessment Mode. J of Cleaner Production. (2017) DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.09.055
 Wan J., Tao T., Zhang Y., Liang X., Zhou A.J., * Zhu C.. Phosphate adsorption on novel hydrogel beads with interpenetrating network （IPN） structure in aqueous solutions: kinetics, isotherms and regeneration. RSC ADV. 6 （2016）： 23233-23241.
 Zhou A.J., Luo H.Y., Wang Q., Chen L., Zhang T.C., Tao T., Magnetic Thermoresponsive Ionic Nanogels as Novel Draw Agents in Forward Osmosis, RSC Adavances. 2015, 5（20）, 15359 - 15365.
 Luo H. Y., Wang Q., Tao T., Zhang T. C., Zhou A.J., * Performance of strong ionic hydrogels based on 2-acrylamido-2-methylpropane sulfonate as draw agents for forward osmosis, Journal of Environmental Engineering，2014，140（12）， 04014044（1-8）
 Luo H. Y., Wang Q., Zhang T.C., Tao T., Zhou A.J., * Chen L., Bie X. F., A review on the recovery methods of draw solutes in forward osmosis, Journal of water process engineering. 2014,4:212-223.
 Hu M, Zhang T.C., Stansbury John, Neal Jill, Zhou A.J., Graywater reclamation by a shredded tire biofilter and a membrane bioreactor in series , Journal of Environmental Engineering. 2014,140（1）:84-91
 Zhou A.J., Zhang T.C., Yuan, Y, Performance of forward osmosis process under different operating conditions and draw solutes, World Environmental & Water Resources Congress 2012 ：Crossing Boundaries, Proceedings of the 2012 Congress, Pg 808-817，USA, 2012.05.20-24.
 Zhou A.J., Tao, T, Wei, X, Zhang, T.C. Membrane Technology and Environmental Applications（Chapter 14：Decentralized MBR in wastewater treatment）, ASCE, Reston, Virginia, 20000 words，2012.
 Zhou A.J.，Tao T, Bian Z.H., Zhang Y. Effect of charcoal media for the treatment of wastewater in a biological filter. The 2nd International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering 2008. ICBBE 2008. 3527-3530.
1. Water Resources Utilization & Protection
2. Water Quality Engineering II
3. curriculum design of wasterwater treatment plant
4. Production Practice of water and wasterwater treatment plant
1. The behavior and mechanism of magnetic temperature sensitive / electro sensitive intelligent nano hydrogel in the forward osmosis (NSFC, 2014.-2016)
2. Behavior and mechanism of the removal of heavy metal by using intelligent magnetic hydrogel (Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province, 2015-2016)
3. Removal of heavy metal by novel functional composite magnetic hydrogel (School fund,2012-2013).
4. AMPS intelligent hydrogel preparation and penetration behavior in water system (School fund, 2013-2014)
5. The improvement of Wuhan sewage treatment plant (Wuhan water group, 2010-2011).
6. The standardization design of water purification facilities for rivers and lakes (Wuhan Suntime Delta Environmental Protection Company, 2010-2013)
7. The special water Taihu valley cotton, wool, chemical fiber dyeing and finishing industry water pollution control technology research and demonstration of sub item evaluation (The national 11th five-year plan of water special 009ZX07529-003, 2009-2011).