Phone: (86) 136-67210360; (86)-27-87792101
Academic Areas: Environmental Science and Engineering
Research Interests: Wastewaters treatment technologies; Pollution control chemistry; Advanced oxidation processes; Environmental functional nanomaterials.
PhD in Environmental Engineering, 2008, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China.
ME in Environmental Science, 2005, HUST, China.
BA in Environmental Engineering, 2001, Nanchang University, China.
Associate Professor (2011-present), School of Environmental Science and Engineering, HUST, China.
Research Fellow (2009-2011), School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
Exchanging Ph.D. student (2006-2008), Institute of Environmental Science and Engineering, NTU, Singapore.
1. Yawei Huang, Tao Zhou*, Xiaohui Wu, Juan Mao, Efficient sonoelectrochemical decomposition of sulfamethoxazole adopting common Pt/graphite electrodes: The mechanism and favorable pathways, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 2016, in press.
2. Wei Xiang, Beiping Zhang, Tao Zhou*, Xiaohui Wu, Juan Mao, An insight in magnetic field enhanced zero-valent iron/H2O2 Fenton-like systems: Critical role and evolution of the pristine iron oxides layer, Scientific Reports, 2016, srep24094.
3. Tao Zhou*, Xiaoli Zou, Juan Mao, Xiaohui Wu*, Decomposition of sulfadiazine in a sonochemical Fe0-catalyzed persulfate system: Parameters optimizing and interferences of wastewater matrix, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2016, 185, 31-41
4. Xiaohui Wu, Mingjie Huang*, Tao Zhou*, Juan Mao, Recognizing removal of norfloxacin by novel magnetic molecular imprinted chitosan/gamma-Fe2O3 composites: Selective adsorption, Separation and Purification Technology 2016, 165, 92–100.
5. Xiaohui Wu*, Yang Yang, Gaoming Wu, Juan Mao, Tao Zhou*, Simulation and optimization of a coking wastewater biological treatment process by activated sludge models (ASM), Journal of Environmental Management，2016, 165,235-242
6. Jia Wang, Tao Zhou*, Juan Mao, Xiaohui Wu*, Comparative study of sulfamethazine degradation in visible light induced photo-Fenton and photo-Fenton-like systems, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 2015，3, 2393-2400.
7. Mingjie Huang, Tao Zhou*, Xiaohui Wu*, Juan Mao, Adsorption and degradation of norfloxacin by a novel molecular imprinting magnetic Fenton-like catalyst, Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2015, 23, 1698-1704。
8. ZHANG Yingxin, ZHOU Tao*, MAO Juan, WU Xiaohui, YUAN Zhen，Efficient removal of Cr(Ⅵ) by thermal-modified layered double hydroxides (LDHs): adsorption behaviors, effect parameters and comparison with original LDHs, CIESC Journal, 2015, S1：228-236.
9. Tao Zhou*, Xiaohui Wu, Juan Mao, Yanrong Zhang, Teik-Thye Lim*, Rapid degradation of sulfonamides in a novel heterogeneous sonophotochemical magnetite-catalyzed Fenton-like (US/UV/Fe3O4/oxalate) system，Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2014, 160-161, 325-334.
10. Xiaoli Zou, Tao Zhou*, Juan Mao, Xiaohui Wu*, Synergistic degradation of antibiotic sulfadiazine in a heterogeneous ultrasound-enhanced Fe0/persulfate Fenton-like system, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2014, 257, 36-44.
11. Tao Zhou*, Xiaohui Wu, Yanrong Zhang, Jianfeng Li, Teik-Thye Lim*, Synergistic catalytic degradation of antibiotic sulfamethazine in a heterogeneous sonophotolytic goethite/oxalate Fenton-like system, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2013, 136-137, 294-301.
12. Tao Zhou*, Teik-Thye Lim*, Xiaohui Wu, Sonophotolytic degradation of azo dye reactive black 5 in an ultrasound/UV/ferric system and the roles of different organic ligands, Water Research, 2011, 45, 2915-2924.
13. Tao Zhou, Teik-Thye Lim*, Sze-Sze Chin, A.G. Fane, Treatment of organics in reverse osmosis concentrate from a municipal wastewater reclamation plant: Feasibility test of advanced oxidation processes with/without pretreatment, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2011, 166, 932-939.
14. Tao Zhou, Yaozhong Li, Teik-Thye Lim*, Catalytic hydrodechlorination of chlorophenols by Pd/Fe nanoparticles: Comparisons with other bimetallic systems, kinetics and mechanism, Separation and Purification Technology, 2010, 76, 206-214。
15. Tao Zhou*，Xiaohua Lu, Teik-Thye Lim, Yaozhong Li, Fook-Sin Wong, Degradation of chlorophenols (CPs) in an ultrasound-irradiated Fenton-like system at ambient circumstance: The QSPR (quantitative structure-property relationship) study，Chemical Engineering Journal, 2010, 156, 347-352.
16. Tao Zhou*, Teik-Thye Lim*, Yaozhong Li, Xiaohua Lu, Fook-Sin Wong, The role and fate of EDTA in ultrasound-enhanced zero-valent iron/air system, Chemosphere, 2010, 78, 576-582.
17. Tao Zhou*, Teik-Thye Lim, Xiaohua Lu, Yaozhong Li, Fook-Sin Wong, Simultaneous degradation of 4CP and EDTA in a heterogeneous Ultrasound/Fenton like system at ambient circumstance, Separation and Purification Technology, 2009, 68, 367-374.
18. Tao Zhou, Xiaohua Lu, Jia Wang, Fook-Sin Wong, Yaozhong Li*, Rapid decolorization and mineralization of simulated textile wastewater in a heterogeneous Fenton like system with/without external energy, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2009. 165. 193-199.
19. Tao Zhou, Yaozhong Li, Jing Ji, Fook-Sin Wong, Xiaohua Lu*, Oxidation of 4-chlorophenol in a heterogeneous zero valent iron/H2O2 Fenton-like system: Kinetic, pathway and effect factors, Separation and Purification Technology, 2008, 62, 551-558.
20. Tao Zhou, Yaozhong Li, Fook-Sin Wong, Xiaohua Lu, Enhanced degradation of 2,4-dichlorophenol by ultrasound in a new Fenton like system (Fe/EDTA) at ambient circumstance, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 2008, 15, 782-790.
21. Shuo Lin, Wei Wei, Xiaohui Wu, Tao Zhou, Juan Mao∗, Yeoung-Sang Yun*; Selective recovery of Pd(II) from extremely acidic solution using ion-imprinted chitosan fiber: Adsorption performance and mechanisms, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2015, 299, 10-17.
22. Juan Mao*, Sok Kim, Xiao Hui Wu, In-Seob Kwak, Tao Zhou, Yeoung-Sang Yun*, A sustainable cationic chitosan/E. coli fiber biosorbent for Pt(IV) removal and recovery in batch and column systems, Separation and Purification Technology, 2015, 143, 32-39.
23. Zhengyang Wang, Benoît Teychene, Talia E. Abbott Chalew, Gaurav S. Ajmani, Tao Zhou, Haiou Huang*, Xiaohui Wu*, Aluminum-humic colloid formation during precoagulation for membrane water treatment: mechanisms and impacts, Water Research, 2014, 61, 171-180.
24. Penghua Wang, Tao Zhou, Rong Wang, Teik-Thye Lim*, Carbon-sensitized and nitrogen-doped TiO2 for photocatalytic degradation of sulfanilamide under visible-light irradiation, Water Research, 2011, 45, 5015-5026.
25. Y.Z. Li*, Y.L. He，D.G. Ohandja，J. Ji，J.F. Li，T. Zhou，Simultaneous nitrification-denitrification achieved by an innovative internal-loop airlift MBR: Comparative study, Bioresource Technology, 2008, 99, 5867-5872.
"Chutian Scholar" of Hubei Province, 2013-2017.
"Mechanistic study on the enhanced activation of molecular oxygen basing on the weak magnetic field induced solid-liquid interfacial evolution of zero valent iron". National Science Foundation of China (No. 21677055). 2017.1-2020.12, PI.
"R&D of fluid-bed Fenton reactor in treating industrial wastewaters", Scientific research project supported by enterprise, 2015/8-2016/11, PI.
"Research of water quality protection and soli eco-remediation in a manganese ore zone", Key Project in the National Science & Technology Pillar Program during the Twelfth Five-year Plan Period (No. 2015BAB01B04). 2015.4-2017.12, Co-PI.
"Synergistic degradation of sulfonamides and iron cycle mechanism in a ultrasound assisted UV/iron oxides-oxalate photochemical Fenton-like system". National Science Foundation of China (No. 201407052). 2015.1-2017.12, PI.
"Innovative platform for water treatment and recycle technologies and applications", Research project of Hubei municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology. 2014.4-2015.12, PI.
"Combined ultrasound-electrochemistry AOP in treating organic components in RO brine" SRF for ROCS and SEM, 2013.1-2015.12, PI.
"Effect of inorganic ions and relationship modeling on the sonoelectrochemical degradation of sulfamethoxazole", Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China (No. 201201420087), 2013.1-2015.12, PI.